David and Susan Gomberg have lived in Northern Lincoln County for the past 29 years.
David was first elected to the Oregon House in 2012. His district ranges from Yachats to Tillamook and inland to Sheridan.
The Gombergs have opened three stores on the Oregon Coast. "There aren't five legislators in Salem that own a cash register. Real business experience makes a difference in Salem."
David and Susan own the largest kite in the world. For more information on this 10,000 square foot flying American Flag, click here.
PO Box 119, Neotsu, OR 97364 USA
Iíve worked hard to reflect the values and interests of the people from the Central Coast and Coastal Range.
Over the past 25 years my wife Susan and I have built a thriving small business. We design, manufacture, and sell kites all around the world. We do entertainment programs for groups like Disney, motion pictures, and the SuperBowl. And we have opened retail stores on the Oregon coast and put people to work. We are fortunate to have created a successful small business in a community that we love.
Now it is my honor and resposibility to represent this very special part of Oregon in our legislature.
- BS in Political Science from Oregon State. Graduated with Honors in 1976.
- Elected as Student Body President
- MA from OSU in Political Science, Economics, and History in 1977
- MBA from Willamette in 1981.
- President, Gomberg Kite Productions International, Inc. 1991-present
- President, Northwest Winds Kite Stores, 2008-2017
- Executive Director, Lincoln City Chamber of Commerce, 1990-1991
- State Representative, House Distict 10, elected November, 2012
- Co-Chair: House Special Committee on Small Business Growth
- Governor's Small Business Cabinet
- Governor's Commission on Senior Services
- Oregon Coastal Caucus
- Oregon Innovation Council
- Oregon Coast Maritime Workforce
- Oregon Ocean Science Trust
2017-2018 Legislative Committee Assignments:
- Joint Committee on Ways and Means
- Emergency Board
- Co-Chair: Ways and Means sub-committee on Transportation and Economic Development
- Chair: House Committee on Economic Development and Trade
- Ways and Means sub-committee on General Government
- Elected to House Democratic Leadership, 2015-18
- Named Oregon Legislator of the Year by Humane Society of the United States
- Received first "Friend of the College" award from Oregon Coast Community College
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Lincoln City Business of the Year, 2012
- Lincoln City Couple of the Year, 2016
- Austin Excellence in Family Business Award in 2004 and 2012.
- Served 4 years as president of the Kite Trade Association International.
- Elected 10 terms as President of American Kitefliers Association.
- Inducted into Kite Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Married 31 years to Susan Gomberg
Each year, David walks parades in Newport, Sheridan, Toledo, Gleneden Beach, Nescowin, Cloverdale, Waldport, and Pacific City.
David and Susan travel to South Africa to support disabled children in the townships outside Cape Town. They have been named patrons by Cape Mental Health.
In the past 20 years, David has raised over $500,000 for schools, museums, and educational non-profits as a charity auctioneer.
David and Susan have visited more than 40 nations and traveled over 2 million miles promoting kiting and their Oregon small business.